A varicose vein is a vein in which the valves no longer function effectively, and with becomes stretched out of shape because of excess pressure.
1. Brisk walks for 15 minutes four times a day.
2. Adequate dietary fiber.
3. Straining to move the bowels must be avoided.
4. Knee-high stockings, garter belts, girdles, tight calf-high boots, tight-fitting socks, very high-heeled shoes must be avoided.
5. Hot baths or excessive sunbathing may need to be avoided.
6. Sitting without walking for long period od time should be prohibited.
8. Walking barefoot.
9. Crossing the legs should be avoided.
10. Do not squat or sit back on your heels.
11. Exercise your toes and rotate your ankles, while standing or sitting.
12. Elastic stockings.
13. Elevation of the legs during rest periods.
14. Lie down with legs elevated six inches higher than the heart.
15. Shower twice a day.
A light fingertips massage.