ASUS has launched new mobile and desktop computers powered by Microsoft Windows 8, opening a new era in innovative designs, high-definition multi-touch displays and outstanding ease of use.
ASUS said it has reached another milestone in its continuous journey “In Search of the Incredible.
A global leader in the new digital era, ASUS unveiled its new products along with a performance by technological illusionist Marco Tempest which further highlighted the event.
An exciting array of tablets, notebooks, ultraportables and all-in-one PCs that offer unprecedented ease of use through a combination of innovative design and intuitive multi-touch control were showcased.
With its unique insight into user needs and constant quest for perfection, ASUS continues to exceed expectations and deliver extraordinary customer satisfaction.
“We are approaching a critical transition from an age of personal computing to a new era of ubiquitous cloud computing, where every device must be intuitive, mobile and adaptable,” said ASUS Chairman Jonney Shih. “With Windows 8 and our relentless pursuit of incredible innovation, ASUS is at the very forefront of this transition.”
The new products unveiled were:
• ASUS Taichi — a fusion of notebook and tablet, that is an ultra-slim, ultra-stylish ultraportable and features a unique dual-screen design with back-to-back Full HD displays.
• ASUS Transformer Book — the world’s first ultraportable to combine the best features of a notebook and tablet. Its high-definition display detaches from the keyboard dock and Transformer Book instantly becomes a multi-touch Windows 8 tablet with its own blazingly fast SSD storage.
• ASUS ZENBOOK Series — newly expanded ASUS ZENBOOK Series of sleek and stylish ultraportables now features a range of specifications and screen sizes to suit every mobile need. ZENBOOK features an award-winning, precision-engineered, design with a beautiful spun-metal finish and a stunning razor-thin profile.
• ASUS VivoBook Series — ASUS VivoBook S200 and S400 ultraportables - offer a stylish combination portability, durability and affordability for mainstream Windows 8 users. With specifications that include 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors for excellent multi-tasking performance, VivoBook is available with an 11.6” or 14” high-definition screen and features a large multi-touch touchpad, incredible SonicMaster audio, and a choice of hard drive and hybrid storage.
• ASUS VivoTab Series — With slim, light designs and optional lightweight keyboards, ASUS VivoTab offers a perfect balance of portability and productivity. With a resilient metallic finish and high-definition multi-touch displays, both the 11.6” VivoTab with Windows 8 and 10” VivoTab RT with Windows RT feature Super IPS+ technology for a brilliant image with wide viewing angle.
• ASUS All-in-One PC ET2300 — a sleek and compact all-in-one desktop PC with a stunning 23” high-definition display. It folds flat to the table-top for multi-touch use with Windows 8 and sits upright for traditional productivity use.
ASUS Windows 8 Lineup products will be available in the Philippines by November 2012.
By ART SAMANIEGO and EDGARD HILARIO