02 January 2012

Vice Ganda on his grandma's death: 'I lost my smile'


The year 2011 ended on a sad note for Vice Ganda as his beloved grandmother, whom he calls “Mamang,” passed away on Dec. 31.
Vice, who had a successful year with his hit shows and top box-office film “The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin,” tweeted at around 5:30 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, “Bye Mamang. Mahal na mahal kita. Dito ka lang sa puso ko hanggang magkasama tayo ulit.”
He followed the post with: “I lost my smile. I'll just find it again. Dnt know how. Dnt know when. But I will. Soon.”
“I bow my head. Close my eyes. Accept thy will. And give you thanks.”
The hit comedian, however, did not disclose the exact cause of his grandmother’s death. Her health, though, had gradually failed in the past few years. She suffered a severe stroke in 2009, and was confined in an intensive care unit last November.
Despite the loss, Vice managed to tell his more than 1.2 million Twitter followers, “Maraming maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat. Sa pagmamahal, suporta at pag-unawa. Happy New Year!”
The “Showtime” main judge emotionally talked about his “Mamang” in his interview on “The Buzz,” New Year’s Day. According to one of Vice’s tweets, the interview was taped “a few days ago.”
When “Buzz” host Boy Abunda asked how his grandma was doing, Vice’s voice cracked as he replied, “Hindi siya okay… buhay pa. Pero hindi siya okay.”
Although she had lost her speech and response abilities, Vice did not waver to make his “Mamang” feel special. Recalling the last conversation he had with her, sometime before he left the country for some shows abroad, Vice tearfully said, “Bago ako umalis, ‘yun ‘yung mga panahong nasa ospital [siya], na kinausap lang kami nung mga doktor na 'i-ready niyo ‘yung mga sarili niyo, anytime puwede siyang umalis.' Ang hiniling ko lang... ‘antayin mo lang ako kasi maga-abroad ako, may iba pa akong obligasyon sa mundo, nagpapatawa pa ko ng mga ibang tao sa ibang bansa.
“Ayoko mang umalis pero kailangan kong gawin ‘to kasi responsibilidad ko ‘to sa mundo eh. Kailangan kong magpasaya ng ibang tao.’ Sabi ko, ‘hintayin mo lang ako, wag ka munang aalis...’”
Vice said she did wait for his return. And although it pained him to let his “lola” go, Vice assured her that he’d get by.
“Nung dumating ako sabi ko sa kanya, ‘okay na ko, puwede ka nang umalis. Masyado kasing selfish kapag sinabi kong wag kang aalis, wag mo kong iiwan, di ko kakayanin.’ Eh nakikita kong nahihirapan na ‘yung lola ko, habang nahihirapan siya nauuna akong mamatay sa sakit kaya sabi ko, ‘okay na ko nay, okay na ko ma, alis ka na, pahinga ka na. Punta ka na sa pupuntahan mo.
“Kasi baka nagwo-worry siya kung anong mangyayari sa’kin, hindi niya ko masusubaybayan so sabi ko ‘kaya ko ‘yung sarili ko. Oras na para ituon mo ‘yung atensyon mo sa sarili mo. Kung nahihirapan ka, you can leave anytime, I’m okay,’” he said at length.
Even in tears, Vice managed to kid, “hindi ko alam kung anong pinagkakaabalahan ni Tagasundo, hindi nagpupunta sa bahay namin.”
On Sunday night, Vice offered the New Year episode of his hit show “Gandang Gabi Vice” to his “Mamang.”
“She used to lull me when I was a kid. Now its her turn to rest. Sleep tight Mamang,” he tweeted.
He likewise quoted some lines of David Guetta and Usher’s song, “Without You,” as seen in this tweet:
“I won’t sob. I won’t cry. If u’re not here Im living life without you. I can’t look. I’m so blind. Lost my heart I lost my mind without you.”
By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
mb.com.ph

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP