18 August 2011

April Boy Regino confirms he has prostate cancer

Jukebox King April Boy Regino, who migrated to the US in 2005, revealed that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2009 after doctors found blood in his sperm, reports GMA News.

In an ABS-CBN report, Regino said he had difficulty accepting the situation. "Parang hindi po ako makapaniwala dahil sabi ko bakit ako magkakaroon ng prostate cancer eh napakabata ko pa? Parang nagtanong po ako sa Diyos na bakit ako nagkaroon ng ganitong sakit (I couldn't believe it because I was still so young. I even questioned God why it was given to me)," he said, adding that he used to subscribe to the notion that cancer meant death.

 
Regino returned to the Philippines to help start the singing career of his son, JC, who launched an album late last year.  “Sabi ko bago ako mamatay palagay ko uwi muna tayo sa Pilipinas para matupad yung pangarap mong maging singer ka (I told myself that before I die, I should go back to the Philippines so that my son could fulfill his dream)," he said. Still, Regino believes that the cancer is manageable, though it has yet to be confirmed by his physician. In a GMA interview, he said: “Alam mo kasi kapag may prostate cancer ka… impotent ka na. Eh ngayon okay na naman (I know that if you have prostate cancer, you're impotent. But now, everything's okay)."

Source: spot.ph

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP