02 April 2011

Summer Job for Students

The Department of Education under Secretary Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC is participating in the implementation of the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES), a program led by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

The SPES is an annual work-appreciation program that encourages young ones to turn their idle time into productive hours and needed income for school-related expenses. SPES is being implemented pursuant to the amendatory law referred to as Republic Act 9547 entitled “An Act Strengthening and Expanding the Coverage of the Special Program for the Employment of Students, Amending for the Purpose Provisions
of Republic Act No. 7323 otherwise knowns as "An Act to Help Poor But Deserving Students Pursue Their Education By Encouraging Their Employment During Summer and/or Christmas Vacations”. Those who are qualified and selected will be employed for forty (40) days and will be paid minimum daily wage, 60% of which will be shouldered by DepEd and the remaining 40% by DOLE.

To qualify, interested applicants must be at least 15 years old but not more than 25 years old; combined annual net income after tax of parents, including the applicants’ income, if any, should not exceed the latest annual regional poverty threshold level for a family of six as determined and provided by the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) which is at PhP143,000.00; and has an average passing grade during the last school/term attended. Applicants should possess skills necessary in office setting.

For purposes of the SPES application, those interested must bring with them their resume with picture (preferably 2x2); photocopy of birth certificate; photocopy of certification by the School Registrar as to the applicants’ last enrolment and average passing grade or a copy of the original class cards or Form 138; photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of both parents or, if non-fillers, photocopy of BIR certification that both parents are exempted from payment of tax; and for Out-of-School-Youth (OSY), a photocopy of the certificate of good moral character issued by the authorized barangay official where the OSY resides.

Application is during office hours starting March 28, 2011 to April 9, 2011 everyday, including Saturdays, at the Office of Executive Director Joey G. Pelaez of the DepEd – Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA), Ground Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Pasig City. Interview will follow immediately after submission of complete requirements.

For inquiries and additional information, log on to www.deped-csca.com or like the DepEd CSCA Facebook Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/csca.deped) or call telephone number 636-3603.

Read more...

1 comments:

rencalix April 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM  

dear blogger...can you make this known to The Management of DEPED? I dont know if this summer job ay totoo. coz i have a cousin who passed her application last friday, april 8, 2011, only to be told that the selection had already been halted since april 2, 2011. How's that? The ads had been posted with a deadline of submission of applicants
April 9, 2011. Anyway, ang mga kawawang bata na nag-submit on that day were told that anyway they will get their applications and will just be called on the results. Ni hindi nga daw sila nakalampas man lang sa guard on the gate of DEPED. Isnt this a clear SCAM / SHAM? Pakikalampag naman ang DEPED. sANA MAKARATING ITO KY PANG. PINOY. THANKS, CONCERNED PARENT/CITIZEN.

Comments

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP