06 April 2009

Page Rank

The other day, I was happy that my other blog got a PR 1. I thought it is something I should be happy about. I only have a little understanding about page ranking and I never bothered to read more information about it. What I know is that PageRank is a link analysis algorithm used by the Google Internet search engine that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set. That's it! So when my page rank increased to 1, I thought it is the highest rank. I thought page ranking is the same as ranking our students in school, LOL. I was wrong then. Coolbuster helped me understand how Alexa page rank works. So now I know what PR1 means. Check it out at Coolbuster >> The Power of Information.

Read more...

2 comments:

eva April 8, 2009 at 5:27 AM  

congrats sis!

allaboutevamee
yellownpink
starbuckscitymug

Bob April 10, 2009 at 3:43 AM  

Lucky you, I'm still trying to get ranked by Google. Getting back links is one step. I give you one back link if you want to exchange links, let me know.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP