24 November 2008

Travel Sickness

Last week end, I suffered a travel sickness on my way to the next town. It resulted to the feeling of nausea and I felt like I wanted to vomit. I usually sit in the first row of the bus where I can get a clear view of the road but unfortunately the seats were taken so I was seated at the 5th row of the bus. I tried not to watch TV so that I would not feel quesy. But nevertheless, the motion of the bus still made me feel sick. The following pictures below show the road going to that town.



Travel, or motion, sickness occurs when repetitive small movements mean the brain is sent mixed messages. The eyes say one thing about the position of the body, while the delicate inner ear balance mechanisms are reporting something different.


Prevention and treatment


The following can help to reduce the chance of travel sickness:
- Avoiding heavy meals and alcohol before travelling.
- Keeping still with eyes closed.
- Anti-sickness medicines from the pharmacist. These should be taken before travel according to the instructions so they have time to be absorbed by the body.
- Ginger or peppermint remedies. Ginger can be taken as a biscuit, tea or in crystallised form, while peppermint can be sucked as a sweet or taken as a tea.
- Acupressure. This can be applied using a wristband or by pressing your finger against the middle of the inner wrist about three finger widths above the crease where the wrist joins the hand.


Read more...

6 comments:

sunny November 24, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

very good info about motion sickness!

D November 25, 2008 at 2:09 AM  

Yep! you can also try taking Bonamine (Meclizine) before you travel. It helps minimize motion sickness as well. That's what I do whenever I travel.

Shirgie November 25, 2008 at 3:32 AM  

Hi..nice to know you're into travelling lately..thank you for the information regarding sickness ha...it is very helpful.:>

janean November 25, 2008 at 4:18 AM  

hello.. muzta? ng-adto ka mati noh??? hehehe..

sexyjessie November 25, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

I too always motion sickness esp when I'm travelling by bus. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Unknown November 27, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

im pretty much interested in the road trip..hehehe i think that road is going to mati?

hehehe..i like the picture that you take..:)

cool..:)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP