10 July 2012

Pinay Teen To Compete In ‘Miss Teen USA’


Miss Wisconsin Teen USA 2012 title-holder Briana Yamat, 14, is getting ready to compete in this year’s Miss Teen USA pageant, the junior edition of Miss USA.
“I could not believe it. It was one of those moments that you just… you don’t believe it.  You just know that your life is about to change like this,” Briana gushed in a report on “ANC,” July 9.
Briana was born in the US but her grandparents hail from Pampanga. The report noted that her mom was a former beauty queen who now acts as her pageant coach.
“Every Sunday night we have family get-together,” the young beauty queen related. “We eat Filipino food all the time. My favorite is sinigang. I wish I could learn home to cook it but I can’t.”

With the finals night scheduled on July 28 in Nassau, Bahamas, Briana is a little anxious about one thing.  “I hope that I can make it down there without falling,” she shared candidly.
However, she also feels quite positive that she’d done everything she can to improve her chances of winning. “I feel that I’m very prepared. This whole year I’ve been preparing, especially with my mom.”
The report also noted that, “Ms. Teen USA currently has a contest where the candidate with the most online vote secures an automatic place in the pageant’s semi-final round. Individuals can vote 10 times a day.”
As such, Briana is asking her fellow Filipinos for their support.
“To all the Filipino viewers out there, please vote for me. I hope to make you all proud,” said the young beauty queen who admires Venus Raj and Shamcey Supsup.
Briana also aspires to follow the footsteps of her other idol, Fil-Am Vanessa Minnillo, TV host and wife of singer Nick Lachey.
Vanessa won the Miss Teen USA title in 1998.
By Alex Valentin Brosas
MB.COM.PH

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP