10 July 2012

Fil-Am Singer Advances To Top 4 On ‘Duets’


Budding Fil-American singer Jason Farol moved an inch closer to the finale of US singing search “Duets” after being declared safe during the July 5 results show.
The 23-year-old Filipino-American, the youngest and said to be the least experienced among the contestants, is grateful to fans for rallying behind him. In a post on his Facebook fan page on July 5, Jason said:
“Thank you guys for voting me into the top 4!! So thankful!!!! Make sure you guys vote vote vote! (855) 962-5003 and vote on the duets Facebook page and on the duets website!!You can vote 5 times each method!! Let’s try to get me and Kelly clarkson to the finale!”

His mentor, Kelly Clarkson, acknowledged Jason’s improvement throughout the competition – this, despite landing in the Bottom Two a few times in the past.
“Everybody please vote for my boy @JasonDuets tonight! He’s doing so great! Let’s keep him on the show! Thank y’all so much for voting! It’s working!” read an earlier tweet by the first “American Idol” champ.
On the seventh week of “Duets,” which carried the theme of “Favorite Standards,” Jason performed Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” while Kelly sat on a grand piano. The song, according to Jason, was right up his alley as he grew up listening to such music.
Over the past few weeks, Jason noticeably gained more confidence and as host Quddus noted, “swagger” on stage. The former said he owes it to the fans’ support, which inspires him to “do good for them.”
Kelly’s fellow mentor-judges generally gave positive reviews to her performance with Jason.
John Legend, who admitted to have been “a little skeptical” about Jason, lauded the latter’s improvement. “I’m really impressed,” he enthused.
Although he “missed” the Nina Simone “soulfulness” in the performance, Robin Thicke believes that Jason nevertheless “put on a great [one].”
“Like I said in the very first episode, Jason is adorable and he still is to me,” he stated.
Jennifer Nettles, meanwhile, told Jason, “Seeing your dedication to this and the way you’ve grown and the way you’re blossoming on stage, it is really inspiring. I love watching you take charge.”
Jason, born and raised in Torrance, California, is thankful that Kelly “has been letting me take the spotlight ‘coz I’ve been getting more comfortable.”
“I think I’m peaking at the right spot,” he further enthused.
It’s Jason’s lifelong dream to become a professional singer. However, he had to put that dream on hold to study Physical Therapy to fulfill his parents’ wishes of him getting a stable job, a previous ABS-CBN News report said.
His parents now sing a different, and apparently, a more positive tune, regarding Jason’s venture.
“They are going crazy… My parents are definitely more behind me. They won’t stop talking about me to anyone. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life so I’m glad they’re finally seeing it happen to me,” Jason said in a previous episode.
Jason’s family on his father side hails from Rosario, Batangas.
By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
MB.COM.PH

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP