11 March 2012

Charice's 'new image' sparks debates online


Gone is the long-haired, preppy Charice who graced the cover of a fashion magazine last January and in its place is a different image "persona" that had sent Netizens buzzing.
 
Shocking the public with her blonde, short hairdo with matching tattoo on one her wrists, the international singing sensation returned to the country on March 8 for her “Infinity Tour” concert.
 
"The tattoo that I have has a meaning. The tattoo says 'love eternally' and it has an infinity sign. It's for my love for people, for my fans and for my family, for everybody. So, every time I do something I always have reason," Charice said at a press conference.
 
Her tattoo was inked in Singapore where she had a concert last March 5.
 
Does her mother approve of it?
 
"Alam naman po niya. Hindi naman nila sinasabi na huwag mong gawin ‘yan, they were just like, 'OK, it's your decision,'" she said.
 
Asked about her sexual preference, a question that might have sprung from her somewhat boyish look, she said,  “For me, just love me. I‘m a person. If you think I‘m a boy or a girl or if I look like a boy, then fine. I‘m Charice.”
 
Pressed to comment further, she said, “I know what people think…I don‘t care.”
 
Charice, who is no stranger to criticisms, emphasized that she likes her new look.
 
In parting, the 20-year-old singer said that the only thing her critics can do at this point, aside from accepting her new appearance, is "move on."
 
Fans & non-fans react
 
Meanwhile, Netizens have already started sounding off via Twitter about Charice’s recent “transformation.”
 
User Chloe Guevarra (@chloe_guevarra) wrote, “Uhh what in the world happened to CHARICE?! Eww. she dyed her hair..got a tattoo...uhmm...yeah..eww.”
 
An EB Santos (@ebsantos) compared Charice to other singers.
 
“LOL @ Charice. Idol mo si Justin Bieber at Aiza Seguerra?” said he.
 
Ley Laksamana (@leylaksamana) posted, “OMG mukang jeje si charice with her new do.”
 
Jeje is short for jejemon, a pop culture phenomenon in the country dubbed as “the new hipster,” according to Wikipedia.
 
Other Netizens came to Charice's side.  
 
Mark (@clencrys) said, “Charice dont deserve the bad treatment she is getting from her own country just because she got a new look short blonde hair and tattoo...”
 
Maribel Cruz, (@maricruzbelieve) appealed for the Charice's bashers to just let the singer be.  
 
“Her new hair, a tattoo. And the questions start [wh]y? Who cares what she is, love her for who she is! She can't b[e] what [yo]u want her to b[e],” she wrote.

By MAUREEN MARIE BELMONTE
mb.com.ph

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP