08 December 2011

Ms. Earth USA candidate denies making negative Facebook comments about Manila


Nicole Kelly, Miss Earth USA 2011, quickly issued a denial on her alleged public rant on Facebook where she reportedly called the Philippines “noisy and dirty.”
Kelly posted on YouTube her explanation about the brouhaha that has caught the public’s ire.
“I wanted to address something that I heard earlier, which has caught my attention. I’m very disappointed about what was written as me but it wasn’t me.  I was at a community center tour earlier when it was posted but I want to make clear that it’s never okay to cyberbully anyone,” she said.
She stressed that, “As Ms. Earth contestant, we should be appreciating each other and making each other happy instead of tearing each other down and I want to see from now on, from everyone, [from] the girls and the public included, a more positive outlook. No matter what happens, we are all Miss Earth representatives and we are all responsible for what happens to this planet.”
The alleged controversial Facebook post of Kelly read: "I hardly made it to Manila and we already attended a ridiculous TV show. So annoying!!! These people want to touch you and be with you all the time!! I can't understand a word they say. I can't wait to go back home. This country is so dirty and noisy. I'm scared to eat!!! What a mess. On a lighter note, I don't see any real competition."
The controversy, as reported by abs-cbnnews.com, started when “Filipino-Norwegian crooner Markki Stroem posted an undated screen capture of the Facebook post that Kelley (Nicole Lynn in real life) allegedly wrote.”
“The video’s upload date is November 18, 2011, but Stroem posted his screen capture on Wednesday. The video had 1,976 views as of posting time,” the said website reported.
The alleged rant caught the ire of some Filipinos who took to social networking sites to bash Kelly.
By ALEX VALENTIN BROSAS
mb.com.ph

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP