05 December 2011

Mo Twister apologizes to Rhian, GMA-7 amid video diary scandal


Embattled TV and radio host Mo Twister has apologized to his ex-girlfriend Rhian Ramos and her home network GMA-7 following his explosive video diary that leaked online.
In what he referred to as his "final" statement aired on the 103.5 WOW FM program "Showbiz Rampa" on Dec. 4 and reported by PEP on the same day, Mo said, "I'm sorry to Rhian that our rollercoaster relationship ended the way it did."
"There was much more going on than people know.  But I love you. I always have. The few people who knew about us also knew how much we cared for each other. We talked about marriage, we almost bought a home together a few months ago, we were planning to have the family we lost," he added.
He likewise said sorry to GMA-7 for "putting them in a bad light" in his almost 13-and-a-half-minute video, which he said was recorded July 28, 2010 in a hotel in Singapore. Facing presumably a webcam, Mo emotionally vented about the crucial decision he and Rhian allegedly made: "get rid [of] our baby."
"I am aware that GMA would like to prosecute me for this… This decision...was not something the network instructed us to do...I am aware that [this] opinion doesn't reflect the opinion of the network.  I understand that and I am sorry if the words on my 'video diary' depicted otherwise," Mo explained in his statement.
On Dec. 2, the Kapuso management said via a statement that it would press charges against Mo for the "malicious" and "false imputations" made against GMA-7 in the said video. A part of the statement, which was read on the Dec. 4 episode of "Showbiz Central," stressed that "Rhian at the proper time will address these issues that have left her and her family shocked, very hurt and traumatized. Her lawyers are currently preparing the case to be filed in court."
'Disappointed'
Mo, in his statement, said he's in "disarray" because of the whole ruckus, but claimed that he's more "ashamed at myself for the loss of our child."
Wanting to keep "all the memories I could hold on to," Mo said he made videos, all of which Rhian allegedly "knew about."
"To a point where months ago, when they thought a lawyer was needed to aid in our breakup, that I was asked to surrender all of this 'proof' (as they called it) to them for it to be destroyed.
"I naturally gave in to their request, because for the second time, I chose my girlfriend over the memory of our child. I specifically asked them to not destroy it, to please return it to me 50 years from now when all this showbiz priorities and 'branding' wouldn't mean so much anymore.  Along with my files, they took my computer and erased it in front of me. This was all documented by her legal staff," Mo claimed.
Mo indirectly denied being responsible over the appalling circulation of his video diary online through his Twitter on Dec. 2.
"I would never want to hurt her (Rhian) and I tried my best to protect her when rumors of past abortions would surface.  I aggressively pursued bloggers and other people who had info of past incidents and told them to be quiet. They know who they are. Unfortunately, we find ourselves here today. People are in possession of these videos," he said in his statement.
Lamentations
Despite feeling distraught over the alleged loss of their child, Mo maintained that he's neither upset with Rhian nor does he blame her "for our actions even though it was no else's choice."
"You may ask why I still allowed for it to happen and my answer is, I don't know. I thought I tried and prayed enough for the circumstances to change but it did not. And I know I will pay for this for the rest of this life and beyond," he bemoaned.
However, he did admit that he's hurt and saddened "about the opinions of people who are closest to her."
"When I went to them to seek their help and comfort, all the focus was put on her career and her body image...to be honest, I felt sick hearing this from people who are so openly Christian...I understand that this may possibly have a negative impact on her career, but it was not...an inconvenience that is more important than fame and money," he said at length.
"I had no choice, I was not asked my thoughts—it was just going to be the way it went."
A love and a promise
Mo once again emphasized that, "Until this very day, I love Rhian very much." He, however, also said that "we had to lie to the public about our ongoing relationship and I understood why."
As he apparently can't take the past back anymore, Mo promised that he "regrets" whatever it was that he claimed happened. "I should have stood my ground, fought harder, delayed it longer, encourage more people to talk her out of it. I regret being there. I regret it all," he said.
Meanwhile, the controversial host's current home studio TV5 issued a statement on Dec. 4 via "Paparazzi Showbiz Exposed," where Mo was supposed to "explain" his side (as he said in his Dec. 2 tweet).
His co-host Ruffa Gutierrez read the Kapatid network's statement, thus: "Mo has expressed his intention to take a break from showbiz to resolve certain personal issues. We respect this decision. We also respect his privacy and will not comment on any of these issues."
Mo had also said in the same aforementioned tweet that he will postpone his flight to New York City, where he's set to live and heal from all the drama and "trauma" he went through.
However, his close friend and fellow DJ Mojo Javier (aka Mojo Jojo) told "The Buzz" in a taped interview aired Dec. 4 that Mo is "on a plane… Alam ko hurting siya. But wherever it is, whatever he has to do, sana he'll find peace, soon."
By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
MB.COM.PH

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP