19 October 2011

Kris accepts UN seat; Ruffa sends out 'taray' tweet


TV host Kris Aquino announced on Twitter that she has accepted the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees’ (UNHCR) appointment to be its honorary patron, a step away to becoming an ambassadress of goodwill.
“Just finished UNHCR dinner. I accepted their appointment,” Aquino announced on Twitter, Oct.18.
“I'm in excellent company,” she said, adding, “Angelina Jolie is the UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador. I'm honorary patron together w/ Luol Deng of the Chicago Bulls, Khaled Hosseini author of A Thousand Splendid Suns & Kite Runner & Yao Chen from China, super pretty actress & their twitter queen w/ 13 million followers.”
She went on to detail some facts about her co-honorary patrons.
“Luol Deng, Khaled Hosseini & I share 1 thing in common, all of us have families who were granted political asylum & we benefited greatly from the experience of living in freedom,” she tweeted.
She capped her tweet by saying, “4 Honorary Patrons & 1 Goodwill ambassador in the whole world. I am so looking forward to doing good work w/ UNHCR for the next 2 yrs.”
The UN-CHR offer to Aquino was announced by Presidential adviser for political affair Ronald Llamas a few days ago.
“Ayon kay Llamas inalok si Kris na maging ambassadress dahil ang alam umano ng UN-HCR na minsan na ring naging mga political refugees ang pamilyang Aquino noong panahon ng diktaduryang Marcos,” the report said on “TV Patrol,” Oct. 10.
While Aquino was in a celebratory mode, TV host Ruffa Gutierrez seemed annoyed at somebody after watching the anniversary-cum-charity concert of friend Vina Morales at Resorts World’s Republiq on Oct. 17. Among the concert attendees were Vina’s younger sister Shaina Magdayao and her boyfriend John Lloyd Cruz.
In the early morning of Oct. 18, Gutierrez posted nasty tweets without naming the person she was referring to.
Gutierrez tweeted at 2:30 a.m.: “My gosh panahon pa ni Magsaysay...huwag ka namang mainsecure! There's nothing I can do if my legs are longer than yours. Hellow!”
This was followed by an even nastier message that read, “No cure for the INSECURE! Kalurks ka girl!!! Seriously. Be real! That was so nineteen kopong kopong! I shouldve stayed home & slept.” This was posted at 2:41 A.M.
In the evening, Gutierrez again tweeted and explained her side, again without mentioning any names.
“Behind a tweet is a back story. Please huwag nyo po akong palabasin na masama. I'm the nicest person on earth but what I hate the most is receiving psychotic messages at ungodly hours. This isn't the first. Thank God this time I have many credible witnesses who can defend me,” she posted at 08:59 P.M. on the same day.
She then fired off at 09:06 p.m. that, “This is my twitter account so I can tweet what I please. you have the choice of sharing ur life with me or simply unfollow if ur bored.”
By ALEX VALENTIN BROSAS
Manila Bulletin

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP