21 July 2009

How to Configure Two Linksys Wireless Routers on One Network?

I was tasked to install the two new linksys wireless routers in our school yesterday. I really had a hard time how to configure the second router as an extension from the main router in the computer lab using one network. It was such a headache. I asked helped from friends who can give me an idea on how to configure it. I tried to change the IP address but to no avail.

This is what I did today. After I configured the main router in the computer lab, I used a cross over cable from the ethernet port of the main router to one of the ethernet port of the second router which is placed in the faculty room. Then I used a straight through cable to connect from one of the ethernet ports of the second router to the switch hub in the adminstration office. It worked!!!

Read more...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP