07 March 2012

Grace Lee resigns from radio show


Popular Korean TV and radio personality Grace Lee has resigned from her morning show on radio station Magic 89.9 reports said.
Lee herself confirmed this in a series of tweets with one post saying that she intends to formally say goodbye to fans of the show, “Good Times” on Thursday.
Andrew Santiago, station manager of the radio station also admitted to the same in an interview with an entertainment website.

Santiago assured fans that Lee is not leaving the station. He hinted that they are now designing a new show for Lee, one that he describes as “more decent” and “safe.”
He insists however that the decision to create a separate show for Lee is not related to the controversial tiff between the latter and resigned “Good Times” host Angelika "Angelicopter" Schmeing-Cruz.
But Santiago would not refute suggestions that the matter is related to the sudden surge of Lee’s popularity owing to her connection with President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino saying that people are now more interested about the Korean beauty.
Meanwhile, adding to the brouhaha is a letter that Lee purportedly wrote “Good Times” host Mo Twister dated March 6, 2012 that has been going around online. Lee, however, has not verified if it's her.
Here is the complete transcript:
Hi Mo,
Composed a long email and found out my dog chewed on our internet cable. Hay. Well, I have been contemplating this for quite some time and with the recent happenings in my life I guess it just fast-tracked my decision-making. As you already know the past month has been really stressful and emotionally I have been struggling. I realized the our show requires me to be who I am; but lately it's been difficult when everyone wants to twist or put malice into things that I would normally say. I admit I have been extra sensitive to things and I know you can sense it and so can the listeners. I have realized that at this point in time I'm not capable of handling the format of our morning show. The show has given me a wonderful, fun four years; but I believe the time has come for me to exit. I hope you understand and rest-assured I will always be indebted to this show you pioneered. I will talk to the management regarding my decision and on Thursday drop by the show to properly say goodbye to our listeners. Thank you again Mo for making everything possible this show has changed my life.
- Grace Lee, March 6, 2012 12:17 a.m.
By NR RAMOS
MB.COM.PH

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP