10 November 2011

Karylle opens up about Dingdong


“Showtime” co-host and Asian TV series "The Kitchen Musicale" star Karylle has finally addressed her past relationship with Dingdong Dantes in the "Ikaw Na” segment of ABS-CBN’s “Bandila” on Nov. 9.
Karylle and Dingdong ended their three-year relationship in 2008, due purportedly to Dantes’ then brewing romance with actress Marian Rivera.
Dingdong and Marian are now in a relationship.
Karylle admitted she never thought she could ever recover from the heartbreak. “Akala ko I'll be hiding under a rock. I have to migrate or whatever," said she to segment host Boy Abunda.
With prayers, the support of family and well-meaning friends helped her survive the ordeal, which she said lasted for more than a year.
"I prayed a lot. Nag-retreat ako. I faced every fear that I had. I was thankful na I was surrounded by so much people who love me. I think the grace of God also pulled me through."
That said, Karylle looks forward to being friends with Dingdong.
“I would like to think that we’re on our way there,” she claimed. “Siguro, one day that will happen.”
Karylle admitted that she and Dingdong are still business partners –relating to the videoke bar, Centerstage, which they put up some years ago.
"Yes, and we're putting up our third branch," said she.
As candid as she was in discussing her past, Karylle’s lips were sealed regarding her relationship with pop rock singer Yael Yuzon.
The two are rumored to be playing sweet music together and for some time already.
Asked whether Yael is her boyfriend, Karylle replied with a smile, “Ayaw ko umamin or anything.”
She explained, “I’ve learned from over-sharing in the past, and that brought me to a place that wasn’t very kind. It was very hard for me.”
"I think hindi rin naman ako madamot. Hindi naman ako nagde-deny ng anything.”
With Boy’s insistence, Karylle opted to sing instead about how she feels for Yael using a line from the song "Basically," which is included in her album "Roadtrip."
"Strange, but sweet, basically that’s you and me," she cooed.
Karylle also refrained from making a statement about the reported failing health of her mom’s partner, Dolphy. “I don’t know the official situation. I’ve actually made the mistake of saying something that wasn’t accurate [before] so I would rather not. Kasi I’m not updated and siyempre I would leave it to their family to comment. Kasi wala naman ako sa lugar,” she said.
The interview ended with a short banter relating to herself, her love life and food.
Karylle likened herself to tanigue or mackerel, cooked in vinegar. She likened Dingdong to a tamilok—a slimy woodworm usually found inside dead mangroves, which is considered a delicacy among Palawanons.
As to why, she simply said, "Ayoko mag-explain."
Meanwhile, Karylle likened Yael to, "'yun parang pagkain sa kanto... ‘yung pag pinag-usapan mo, nagla-light up ‘yung eyes mo because it brings back a lot of memories. ‘Yung may puso, ‘yung dadayuhin mo ‘yung lugar para ma-experience mo."
By NEIL RAMOS
mb.com.ph

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP