26 September 2011

Toni-Mariel friendship remains intact


Toni Gonzaga dispelled speculations of another rift with Mariel Rodriguez, maintaining that they are “on speaking terms” amid the latter’s controversial exit from ABS-CBN.
“This is to assure everyone na there is no issue between me and Mariel. Mariel and I are okay… Hindi na mauulit pa ‘yung akala niyo ‘yung dating may misunderstanding, may rift, wala. Wala hong ganun ngayon,” said the multi-hyphenated Kapamilya star on “The Buzz,” Sept. 25.
The “Buzz” co-host said she learned of the issue through a statement from Mariel published on TV host-entertainment editor Ricky Lo’s column last Sept. 20.
When asked if she and Toni, her former co-host in the noontime show “Happy Yipee Yehey (HYY),” “didn’t see eye-to-eye,” Mariel was quoted to have responded, “Sa totoo lang po, ako I have no problem with the other hosts. But Toni doesn’t like me. It’s very obvious that she can’t stand me, sad to say.”
“I texted Mariel right away [nung nabalitaan ko]. Sabi ko, what happened kasi before she stopped going to, she stopped attending ‘Happy Yipee [Yehey],’ we had a good talk, and then… from our hearts we are okay. Actually up to now, we are okay. So I didn't know where this all was coming from and of course kung anuman ‘yung napag-usapan namin ni Mariel, sa amin nalang po ‘yun,” Toni related.
Toni and Mariel hogged headlines late last year due to a tiff that  allegedly had something to do with the latter badmouthing the former. The two eventually mended their friendship prior to the launch of “HYY” last February.
Despite Mariel’s latest controversial remark about her, Toni said in the same “The Buzz" episode, “I will not say anything against Mariel because sa halos limang taon na kasama ko si Mariel, she's been a sister to me and like what I always say to her and I told this to her, kaming lahat sa ‘Happy Yipee Yehey,’ we will always wish you the best and we wish you well.”
Mariel, meanwhile, sounded more positive about her friendship with Toni as seen in her Ktext message last Sept. 23.
“I will be going to toni's concert on the 31st I asked her already. That just goes to show that no matter our differences and misunderstandings friendship will supersede all. Okay? I hope that clarifies everything thank u again!!! May God bless all of us,” read a part of her message, pertaining to Toni’s upcoming anniversary concert.
It was in the same highly-punctuated Ktext entry that Mariel finally confirmed rumors that she had bid the Kapamilya network goodbye.
Although it was “the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make,” Mariel is grateful for the “breaks,” “unforgettable experiences,” and the “wonderful people” she has met through ABS-CBN.
“I don't like saying goodbye. I'm hopeful that one day I will see them all again. I grew up in abs. They made mariel rodriguez. Thank you abs-cbn. Thank you for the wonderful years!!!!!!!! Thank you!!! Sometimes there are things that u don't exactly want to do but have to do in order to grow. Thank you for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!” said Mariel, who is allegedly signing up with TV5.

By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
Manila Bulletin

Read more...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP