I sometimes get an error deleting files and folders especially when the file is being used by another program or application, like a virus affected file. If I try to deletre such kind of file or folder, I receive any of these error messages.
* Cannot delete file: the file is in use by the other program
* Cannot delete file: There has been a sharing violation
* Cannot delete file: The file is in use by another program or user
* Cannot delete file: Disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
* Cannot delete file: The source or destination file may be in use
Normally, a windows restart will allow you to delete such files or folders that are being used by other program, but if you want to manage it without restart your computer then simply you need to download a freeware tool called Unlocker.
You can download this tool for any windows version using Unlocker link. Download it and run the easy setup.
After installation, right click on file or folder that you want to delete and select the option Unlocker.
If your requested file or folder is used or locked by other application then a small window listing of lockers will appear.